Small Gearmotor Drives Large Format Printer
An original equipment manufacturer in the print industry required a brushless DC control and gearmotor system to turn a very large metal cylinder that feeds media into the printer. After the printing is complete, the media will be rewound with a second, identical motorized winding system.
To save space and simplify assembly, Bodine engineers suggested using a Bodine Integra gearmotor, which includes a built-in speed control and tach output.
By taking advantage of the wealth of relevant technical information at bodineelectric.com and by employing our engineering team’s design expertise, the OEM found a gearmotor that could meet all required performance parameters
- Custom low-voltage BLDC, type 22B/SR-Z gearmotor
- Built-in speed control and tach output
- Factory preset current limit to set stall torque
- All-steel gear train for long life during frequent stall conditions
Bodine brings over 115 years of problem solving experience to a wide range of applications in industries as diverse as energy production, medical, packaging, industrial automation, and solar powered outdoors equipment. We look forward to working with you on your next fractional-horsepower gearmotor design challenge.
The Design Requirements
A new design of a large format printer required a 24VDC gearmotor/ control system to feed media through the printer.
- 22B/SR-Z parallel INTEGRA gearmotor with built-in speed control
- Application-specific current limit to set the max torque
- Steel primary gear for extra strength during stall conditions