High Torque 24 VDC gearmotors drive vertical boat lift.
A boat lift manufacturer contacted our engineering team to assist in the development of a new high load capacity vertical boat lift. The application demanded that the gearmotor be suitable for long-term use in a harsh waterfront environment, deliver high starting and running torque, positive locking capability when not running, and it needed to be powered by the 24 volt DC battery/solar cell systems included on the lifts. The gearmotor efficiency had to be high to permit many lift cycles from the charged batteries.
We developed a robust solution based on our stock 42A-CG Series parallel shaft DC gearmotor family to address these application requirements.
The custom gearmotor design included:
- A totally enclosed motor with permanently lubricated gearbox to withstand years of exposure to outdoor water front conditions
- 1,100 lb-in of starting and running torque, permitting lift capacity of up to a 10,000 lb watercraft.
- Positive locking fail-safe brake to reliably hold the lift in position when not powered.
- 24 volt permanent magnet DC motor
- High efficiency hardened helical gearing
To download this blog article as a PDF, please click here.
To see more examples of how we customize gearmotors and motors for a wide range of industries and OEM applications, click here.
Copyright Bodine Electric Company © 03/2019. All rights reserved.